How to Make Beet Chips in Dehydrator?
Are you also following a healthy food lifestyle?
Do you want to try out some raw food recipes? Then you must try making beet chips in a food dehydrator! It’s not only healthy but delicious too.
The beet chips are one of the healthiest options for snacking. In fact, you can also use it for satisfying your occasional craving. It is quite easy to make them in a food dehydrator.
List of Ingredients Required for Making the Beet Chips in a Food Dehydrator
Below you can find some essential ingredients and equipment that required for making the beet chips in a food dehydrator:
- Food dehydrator
- Food processor or the Cutting board and sharp knife
- 6 to 8 large size organic beets (gold or red)
- One tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of spices like dill, onion powder and garlic powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Step by Step Instructions for Making Beet Chips in Food Dehydrator
Please follow the below step by step instructions for making beet chips correctly in the dehydrator:
Step 1: Wash the beets
Take the beets and wash them properly. You can also soak them in the ½ cup of the white vinegar in a big size bowl filled with water for the additional cleaning of the beets.
Step 2: Do the slicing uniformly
Now, after washing and cleaning, cut the tops of the beets. Take a food processor and set the big blades for slicing. However, if you are not using the food processor then, slice the beets in the 1/8 – 1/4 inches size with the help of the sharp knife. Remember to keep all the slices uniform in size.
Step 3: Mix with flavors and spices
Now in a bowl mix all the slices with the different flavors and spices including salt and olive oil. You need to toss all the items for few seconds so that the slices get coated with the spices properly.
Step 4: Place the slices in a food dehydrator
Take a food dehydrator and place all the slices on its trays without overlapping. After putting, set the unit’s temperature between 130 degrees F to 140 degrees F for around 10 to 12 hours period.
Step 5: Pack in the airtight container
As soon as the dehydration gets completed, you need to cool down the chips and store them in the sealed jar or vacuum sealed packs.
- If you are making the beet-chips for the first time then, we will recommend using the small size which is next to the biggest size for slicing in the food processor. The largest slicing size might cut the slices into a thicker size which does not get dried accurately in the dehydrator.
- Adding spices in the beet slices provide the chips some spicy and sweet flavor.
- You can pick the gold or red beets for drying, but gold beets will provide a milder flavor to the beet chips.
So, here is the end of this article!
We hope that now you know that how to make a beet chips dehydrator. You must have found the process of dehydration in the food dehydrator very easy in comparison to the other modes of drying.
However, if you think we have missed out anything in the above article then, please let us know. We always appreciate a word from our dear readers. You can also share your experiences with us if you had already made beet chips in your dehydrator.
Image Credit: 1