Best Stainless Steel Food Dehydrators
Stainless steel food dehydrators are more durable than plastic food dehydrators. Before buying a stainless steel food dehydrator, you should find out what features they offer, the ease of operation, the space available on the trays, power required for operation and much more.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits of purchasing a stainless steel food dehydrator. We will also check out the features of top stainless steel food dehydrators so that you can choose the best product for your budget and requirements.
Comparison Chart of Best Stainless Steel Dehydrators:
|Serial No||Product Name||Trays||Stainless Steel Trays||Temperature Range (°F)||Drying Space (Square Feet)||Wattage (Watt)||Timer||Product Weight (lbs)|
|1||COSORI Premium Food Dehydrator||6||Yes||95 to 165||NA||600||Yes;48 hours||23.6 pounds|
|2||STX-DEH 1200w XLS 10 Dehydrator||10||Yes||95 to 155||16||1200||Yes; 15 Hour||38.5 lbs|
|3||Excalibur D900CDSHD Dehydrator||9||Yes||105 to 165||15||600||Yes; 26 Hour||40 lbs|
|4||Samson "Silent" 10 Tray||10||Yes||95 to 167||15.6 sq feet||1000||Yes; 19:30 Hours||39.9 pounds|
|5||Commercial Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator||10||No||86 to 194||NA||1000||Yes; 24 hours||27.6 pounds|
|6||Excalibur D500SHD||5||Yes||95 to 155||8||440||Yes; 26 Hour||25.6 lbs|
|7||Excalibur EXC10EL||10||Yes||95 to 165||15.63||600||Yes; 48 Hour||63.9 lbs|
|8||Excalibur D900SHD||9||Yes||105 to 165||15||600||Yes; 26 Hour||35.9 lbs|
|9||Excalibur D500S||5||No; Plastic Trays BPA Free||95 to 155||8||440||Yes; 26 Hour||24.8 lbs|
|10||Weston 10 Tray||10||Yes; Chrome plated||95 to 155||15||1000||Yes; 10 Hour||38 lbs|
- Comparison Chart
- What are Stainless Steel Dehydrator
- Why Stainless Steel
- Steel vs Plastic
- Things to Keep in Mind
- Question to Ask
What are Stainless Steel Dehydrators?
These days, stainless steel has become the most commonly used material in construction of kitchen appliances. It is also a more durable and expensive material as compared to plastic.
Stainless steel dehydrators are long-lasting, BPA-free and reliable. It makes sense to choose a stainless steel unit as compared to a plastic dehydrator if you are looking for a durable machine. Stainless steel dehydrators are also resistant to high temperatures.
The trays retain their shape even after prolonged contact with heat. The modern look and design of the stainless steel dehydrator also adds to a kitchen’s decor.
Why Are Stainless Steel Food Dehydrators Popular?
Stainless steel is a high-quality raw material that is not only durable but also does not break or get damaged like plastic. In fact, with proper care, stainless steel appliances can last for several years.
A stainless steel food dehydrator has an elegant appearance as compared to a plastic food dehydrator. If you have a modular kitchen and want to give it an ultramodern touch, then this type of food dehydrator will add to the overall look of your kitchen.
There are different types of food dehydrators available in the market, and most of them are either plastic or stainless steel. If you are looking for a dehydrator that will serve you for many years, you need to find a balance between the features and price of the machine. A stainless steel dehydrator with modern features will suit the needs of most users whether they are new to dehydrating food or they have been doing it for a long time.
What Are the Significant Differences Between Stainless Steel Food Dehydrators and Plastic Food Dehydrators?
Well! There are lot of differences between stainless steel food dehydrators and plastic food dehydrators. Some of them are as follows:
- Stainless steel is an amazingly robust material that can be used without any deterioration whereas plastic can melt, bend, disfigure or break easily.
- The high-grade stainless steel food dehydrators are often priced higher than plastic equivalents.
- The stainless steel food dehydrators can function for more years than a plastic dehydrator.
- The plastic food dehydrator might not be BPA free whereas the stainless steel dehydrators offer no such problem.
- Stainless steel can withstand higher temperature than a plastic food dehydrator.
Reviews of Stainless Steel Food Dehydrators
1) COSORI Premium Food Dehydrator Machine
View on Amazon
It is an incredible stainless steel food dehydrator that can add to the shelf life of the food you dehydrate. You can quickly and easily dehydrate meat, fruits, vegetables along with herbs and spices in this dehydrator.
It is easy to use this machine as it comes with digital control settings and automatic shut off feature. You can set the drying time for up to 48 hours as per the requirements of the recipe.
The dehydrator offers adjustable temperature control range between 95 degrees F to 165 degrees F. Moreover, you can use it safely as the unit is certified safe by FDA and ETL.
The following are the pros of the COSORI Premium Food Dehydrator Machine:
- It shut down automatically without overheating your food
- You can easily store and clean the machine
- Its trays are BPA free and dishwasher safe
- It is a lightweight and compact machine
- You can check the drying status of your food through the clear cover
- It runs quietly without making noise
- The company offers a 2-year warranty on the product
The following are the cons of the COSORI Premium Food Dehydrator:
- The food does not dry out evenly on the upper shelves
- You can only watch the drying status of the top tray through the transparent cover
It is an impressive stainless steel food dehydrator. It is a lightweight product that does not need much space on your kitchen shelf.
The innovative features like automatic shut off, inbuilt timer, and BPA free trays provide you a fantastic drying experience. You can buy this mid-priced dehydrator without impacting your budget.
2) STX INTERNATIONAL Dehydra STX-DEH-1200W-XLS 10-Tray Stainless Steel Digital Food Dehydrator, 1200-watt
View on Amazon
The primary impressive feature of the STX INTERNATIONAL Stainless Steel Digital Food Dehydrator is its ability to use the power capacity of 1200 watts which might not be available in many other dehydrator models.
It also offers the benefits of a large size, solid components and an exterior cover which is easy to clean. The stainless steel body of this appliance adds to its durability and looks. With proper care and maintenance, you can use this dehydrator for many years to come.
The following are the pros of the STX INTERNATIONAL Dehydra STX-DEH-1200W-XLS 10-Tray Stainless Steel Digital Food Dehydrator:
- It offers you a drying space of 16 square feet which is enough for drying large quantity of food
- You will get ten trays and three empty drawers along with this commercial food dehydrator
- The unit is made from stainless steel which makes it a durable kitchen appliance as compared to plastic models available in the market
- The trays are easy to clean as there is a drip tray provided along with this food dehydrator
- It is a stylish product that makes the kitchen look more elegant
The following are the cons of the STX INTERNATIONAL Dehydra STX-DEH-1200W-XLS 10-Tray Stainless Steel Digital Food Dehydrator:
- The edges of the unit are a little sharp, so you have to take care while using the unit
- While using the appliance, you might find it noisy
- Sometimes the temperature gauge shows wrong temperature information
- It is not recommended to use the unit through an extension cord
The STX INTERNATIONAL Dehydra STX-DEH-1200W-XLS 10-Tray Stainless Steel Digital Food Dehydrator is a powerful and feature packed unit. It is a well-designed appliance that is capable of drying a lot of food.
In spite of the fact that it has a stainless steel design, the dehydrator looks elegant in a modern kitchen.
3) Excalibur D900CDSHD 9-Tray Clear Door Stainless Steel Dehydrator W/Stainless Steel Trays
View on Amazon
The next name in our list is the Excalibur 9-Tray Clear Door Stainless Steel Dehydrator w/Stainless Steel Trays, which is one of the finest dehydrators in the market.
It has a sleek design along with a transparent door and a stainless steel construction. The design looks modern and it will surely add an elegant touch to your kitchen’s appearance.
Excalibur brand is known for high-quality products and this dehydrator is one of their top products in the market. The solid design, extensive tray space, and powerful drying ability make this unit a highly efficient drying machine.
The following are the pros of the Excalibur 9-Tray Clear Door Stainless Steel Dehydrator w/Stainless Steel Trays, Model D900CDSHD:
- A sleek design adds to the look of your kitchen
- Ample space with nine trays makes the appliance more efficient as you can dry a lot of food in a single drying session
- The steel shelves of the dehydrator prevent the food from sticking
The following are the pros of the Excalibur 9-Tray Clear Door Stainless Steel Dehydrator w/Stainless Steel Trays, Model D900CDSHD:
- It’s hard to clean the base of the product as it does not have any sheet which collects the residue or liquid dripping during the dehydration procedure
- The dehydrator fan is loud and the noise can be irritating
The Excalibur 9-Tray Clear Door Stainless Steel Dehydrator w/Stainless Steel Trays, Model D900CDSHD is an efficient kitchen appliance for drying all kinds of food. You can enjoy healthy snacks by dehydrating food in this machine and also save money by making dehydrated snacks at home instead of buying it from a supermarket.
4) Samson “Silent” 10 Tray ALL Stainless Steel Dehydrator
View on Amazon
You can easily guess from the name of the food dehydrator that its manufacturing company offers you a silent running operation in comparison to other machines.
The controls of the unit are placed on the front side for better visibility and ease of operation. With the help of bright LCD and easy to push digital control panel, you can easily track the progress of the food drying in the dehydrator.
The machine needs only a space of 6.5 square feet due to its very compact size. The main features of this stainless steel dehydrator are eight different temperature settings, timer, automatic fan for uniform drying, and removable trays.
The following are the pros of Samson “Silent” 10 Tray ALL Stainless Steel Dehydrator:
- It runs quietly while the food is drying
- The machine has easy to use controls
- It has a compact size
- There is an automatic fan in it for uniform drying of the food
- You can remove and move the trays as per your need
- You can remove the door to clean the machine
- The stainless steel trays are easy to clean
- You get a five-year warranty on the product
- The vent at the top does not open
- It takes time to dry food like jerky
5) VVinRC Commercial Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator
View on Amazon
This is a large stainless steel food dehydrator that consumes less electricity. You get one drip tray and ten trays in this machine that offer you adequate drying space for quickly dehydrating a variety of herbs, fruits, meat, shrimp, fish, and other foods.
The unit offers 1000 watts of drying power. Its 7-inch rear-mounted fan offers horizontal flow of air for effective drying. There is an LED smart panel in the machine for high visibility and ease of operation. Its timer can be set up to 24 hours. You can adjust its drying temperature range from 86 degrees F to 194 degrees F.
The progress of the drying process can be tracked through the glass window. The best feature of this dehydrator is that you get a lifetime warranty.
The following are the pros of the VVinRC Commercial Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator:
- It is manufactured from rust-proof and heat resistant stainless steel material
- It can shut down automatically when the timer is over
- The horizontal flow system of air provides uniform drying on all the trays
- You can dehydrate a large amount of food on its ten shelves
The following are the cons of VVinRC Commercial Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator:
- You might observe some smell in the machine dried food
- It does not have an appealing design
- The placement of the control panel makes it difficult to use in small spaces
This stainless steel food dehydrator by VVinRC is a large machine that is energy efficient. It offers ample space on the drying trays for dehydrating a variety of foods like fruits, meat, and vegetables.
The highlight of this product is that you get an innovative LED smart panel in it with user-friendly controls. If you want to buy a stainless steel dehydrator that causes no hassle in the future, you should go for this product as you get a lifetime warranty with it.
6) Excalibur D500SHD 5-Tray Stainless Steel W/Stainless Trays
View on Amazon
The Excalibur 5-Tray Stainless Steel w/Stainless Trays Model D500SHD is a popular dehydrator model from “Excalibur.” It has a range of features that have made this unit a customer favorite for dehydrating all kinds of foods.
This stainless steel food dehydrator has an eye-catching design and the steel construction adds to its durability. The inner section of the case is constructed from a similar polycarbonate used in other Excalibur models. Its trays are also made up of stainless steel material which is a big positive feature about this product.
The following are the pros of the Excalibur 5-Tray Stainless Steel w/Stainless Trays Model D500SHD:
- It is made up of durable stainless steel
- The look of the appliance is more attractive than the other same models
- The trays are also constructed from the stainless steel which is BPA free
- The dehydrator comes with adjustable temperature control and an automatic timer that helps a lot during the dehydration process
- The product comes with a ten year limited warranty
The following are the cons of the Excalibur 5-Tray Stainless Steel w/Stainless Trays Model D500SHD:
- The price of this model is higher owing to the stainless steel construction
- The capacity of the appliance is five trays which might be less for seasoned dehydrating enthusiasts.
The main benefit of buying this stainless steel food dehydrator is the quality which it offers. The modern features and the small size of the unit make it the ideal dehydrator for small kitchens.
The customer care service of the company is also quite good if you face any issues with the dehydrator. Keep in mind, this unit consists of 5 trays and you will need to dry food in small batches. However, if your kitchen is smaller in size, then this can be an optimum choice for you.
7) Excalibur Dehydrator EXC10EL 10-Tray Glass Doors, Stainless Steel with Stainless Steel Trays
View on Amazon
This stainless steel food dehydrator from Excalibur is equipped with ten large size trays which combine to offer more than 15 square feet of dehydrating space. It means you can dehydrate large quantities of food in one session.
The dehydrator also features an adjustable thermostat that has an extensive temperature range to help with uniform drying of any type of food. Also, the Excalibur Dehydrator comes with glass doors for easy inspection of the food when it is placed inside. The body, as well as the trays, are made from 100% stainless steel material.
The following are the pros of the Excalibur Dehydrator EXC10EL 10-Tray Glass Doors, Stainless Steel with Stainless Steel Trays:
- The exterior and the interior of the appliance is made up of stainless steel material along with the stainless steel trays
- A 99 Hour timer is available in this product which helps you a lot if you want to dehydrate food for longer duration
- The manufacturer of the product offers a limited warranty period of 10 years to the buyer
- It is a pretty expensive product
- Since this is a heavy appliance, you cannot move it easily from one place to another
If you are looking for a large-size Excalibur dehydrator that is specifically designed for heavy-duty use in the household, then you can check out the EXC10EL 10-Tray Dehydrator.
It is the largest non-commercial Excalibur model that is currently available in the market. Once you buy this product, you will be able to dry large quantities of food. If you are interested in long term food storage or you hunt for meat, this is the ideal unit to give you space and power for drying all the food you need.
8) Excalibur D900SHD 9-Tray Stainless Steel Dehydrator W/Stainless Steel Trays and Door
View on Amazon
This nine tray Excalibur stainless steel dehydrator is a brilliant product that allows you to prepare tasty food like snacks, jerky, fruit roll-ups in the comfort of your home. The trays of the appliance add convenience to the process of food dehydration as well as preservation.
The elegant and striking design of the product not only provides a classy look to your kitchen but also delivers a sense of worthiness to it. The Excalibur 9-Tray Stainless Steel Dehydrator w/Stainless Steel Trays and Door Model D900SHD is a well-designed appliance that consists of good air-flow mechanism that is ideal for any dehydrating task.
The following are the pros of the Excalibur 9-Tray Stainless Steel Dehydrator w/Stainless Steel Trays and Door Model D900SHD:
- This stainless steel food dehydrator has a modern design
- It is a multipurpose product, and you can dry different types of food in one session
- Owing to the nine trays as well as 15 square feet of dehydrating space, you can dehydrate the food in bulk
- The extended timer of the appliance allows you to leave the dehydrator for a longer period
- The temperature range of the product makes it perfect for dehydrating meat
The following are the cons of the Excalibur 9-Tray Stainless Steel Dehydrator w/Stainless Steel Trays and Door Model D900SHD:
- It is an expensive appliance, and if you are going to buy it for occasional use, then it might not be a good choice
- The trays of the machine are mesh and not solid that limits the capabilities of the product slightly
- It is also a little bit noisy while it is in use
Even though this product is expensive, you can save money in the long term by drying food in your home instead of buying dried food from the supermarket. The dehydrator has extensive capacity and it is also easy to use. If you are in the market for a high-capacity, powerful dehydrator, check this unit out.
9) 5-Tray Stainless Steel with Plastic Trays #D500S
View on Amazon
It is a 5-tray stainless steel food dehydrator which has a range of features for the user’s convenience and excellent results for drying food. It is a classy food dehydrator from Excalibur that will add to the looks of your kitchen as well. The company has tried its best to provide all the high-quality features in this appliance that can make the dehydration process easier.
The trays of the product are also of stainless steel material which offers added durability to the product. The trays also provide you a drying space of 8 square feet that is quite enough.
The following are the pros of the 5-Tray Stainless Steel w/Plastic Trays #D500S:
- The sturdy construction from the stainless steel material makes this product more eye-catching than other models in the market
- The trays of the appliance are manufactured from stainless steel which is quite durable
- You will also get an adjustable temperature control and automated timer in this food dehydrator which the dehydration process easier
- The manufacturers of the product offer ten years limited warranty
The following are the cons of the 5-Tray Stainless Steel w/Plastic Trays #D500S:
- It is an expensive product to buy as compared to the other models
- The capacity of five trays is not enough if you have a large family or if you regularly dry a lot of food
If you are looking to buy the 5-Tray Stainless Steel w/Plastic Trays, #D500S you can rest assured about its quality. Just like other box-type models, you cannot expand this dehydrator. So, you have to decide in advance whether this product meets your requirements or not.
Besides this, it is a small sized product that is suitable for a small family. If drying space is not a big issue for you, then you can buy this appliance as the brand Excalibur has a good reputation in the market for reliability and performance.
10) Weston 74-1001-W PRO-1000 Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator (10 Trays)
View on Amazon
The following name in our list of top stainless steel food dehydrators is Weston 74-1001-W PRO-1000. If you want perfectly dehydrate your food and prepare some mouth-watering snacks (like fruit roll-ups, jerky, yogurt), then this appliance will be a good product for you. It dehydrates food while retaining its natural flavor.
It is an easy to use appliance which has a heavy-duty stainless steel body. In fact, once you have dehydrated your food, you can easily remove it from the trays without the problem of food sticking to the trays. You also get a recipe and instruction booklet along with the dehydrator.
The following are the pros of the Weston 74-1001-W PRO-1000 Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator:
- It consists of an easy to remove rack design of the trays which helps in the daily maintenance of the product
- You can use this appliance for home as well as for commercial purposes
- It is constructed from durable stainless steel
- The design of the product is attractive enough for any kitchen countertop
- It is a compact size appliance that can fit in any kitchen
- A timer and an adjustable thermostat in this dehydrator add to the user convenience
The following are the cons of the Weston 74-1001-W PRO-1000 Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator:
- It is an expensive product
- It’s hard to cook jerky in this appliance as it gets softer while cooking.
- You cannot decrease the number of trays, and you have to use all the trays even for the small batch of drying
- The food on the backside of the appliance gets cooked quickly than the front side food due to the location of the fan
Weston 74-1001-W PRO-1000 Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator is a versatile appliance that is deal for drying any kind of food whether it is meat or vegetables. It is a high-performance stainless steel food dehydrator that can help you in dehydrating fruits and vegetables while preserving the nutrients and vitamins. It consists of all the essential features that you might be looking in your stainless steel dehydrator.
Are All Stainless Steel Food Dehydrators Manufactured in a Similar Manner?
It is a fact that stainless steel is one of the most durable and reliable materials from which a food dehydrator can be made. But, this is also true that all stainless steel food dehydrators are not manufactured to meet quality standards. If you are looking for a food dehydrator, you need to pay attention to a lot of things before choosing a model.
You should read the specifications to make sure that any food dehydrator which you are planning to buy is constructed completely from the stainless steel i.e. shelves, trays or body of the appliance.
Certain manufacturers advertise their dehydrators as a stainless steel product with stainless steel trays and shelves, but these are not built totally from the steel. Such food dehydrators are often made from low quality metal or they have plastic trays.
There are some food dehydrators which might have plastic parts that are manufactured from the dangerous chemicals like BPA (Bisphenol A). Such chemicals can result in problems that might impact your overall health. Hence, it is always advisable that you must go for BPA Free products that are not harmful to your body.
Things to Keep in Mind While Looking for a Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator
You can find lower-grade or low-cost stainless steel appliances which are categorized as stainless steel but mixed with inexpensive metals. There are few points which you should consider before buying a stainless steel food dehydrator.
It is vital to check which kind of stainless steel is used in manufacturing the food dehydrator. If the stainless steel is of cheaper quality, it can crumble, fade, or distort easily. The body of the dehydrator can get damaged when it comes in contact with high temperatures during the process of food dehydration.
The cheap quality stainless steel might produce dangerous gasses that can be harmful for the safety of your food that is placed in your dehydrator.
It is crucial to make sure that the dehydrator which you are going to buy is made from high-quality stainless steel.
Questions to Ask Yourself While Buying a Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator for Health and Safety Point of View
The following points you must ask yourself before the purchase of a stainless steel food dehydrator:
1) Which Type of Stainless Steel is Used for Making Your Dehydrator?
All stainless steel dehydrators available in the market are not of the same quality. If the stainless steel is of lower grade (usually mixed with other metals) it is not completely safe when it comes in contact with food and heat.
2) Which Material Is Used in Manufacturing Trays?
It is not mandatory that when you buy a stainless steel food dehydrator, you will also find stainless steel trays with them. The trays can be nickel plated or chrome plated.
Thus, you should remember that when you cook food in a dehydrator, you have to place the food on the trays and after some time the plating of the trays can get chipped off and attach to your food.
Therefore, if you buy a stainless steel dehydrator, make sure that your trays are made from 100% stainless steel.
3) Does Your Stainless Steel Dehydrator Belong to the Category of Green Product?
It is true that products manufactured with stainless steel do not fall under the green product category. Being a green product is an obligation in the commercial appliances not in household goods.
Keep a Lookout for BPA if You Buy Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator
Do you know that what is BPA and how it affects human health?
No? Then don’t worry we will answer your question.
Well! The full form of BPA is Bisphenol A which is a harmful chemical that is present in some types of plastic. This toxic chemical is very damaging to the health of humans and it can cause numerous diseases like cancer, asthma, skin rashes, etc.
To overcome this problem, people prefer high-quality stainless steel food dehydrator instead of plastic dehydrators. Since stainless steel is the safest material, it is gaining more and more popularity these days.
Stainless steel is a non-reactive metal which can handle any acidic food without difficulty. You can also say that it is an ideal material for manufacturing food dehydrators that usually have to come in contact with acidic foods like lemon juice, tomatoes, pineapple, etc.
Advantages of Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator
The following are few benefits of using a stainless steel food dehydrator:
1) Not Harmful
A stainless steel food dehydrator is not detrimental to human beings because it is a non-reactive material. It does not react to acidic foods like oranges or lemons.
2) Appliance for Experts
The stainless steel food dehydrator is also said to be a specialized machine that is mostly used by chefs or cooks. The features you get in this dehydrator are mostly found in more expensive units that are used for commercial drying purposes.
3) Modern Look
When you add the stainless steel food dehydrator on the countertop of your kitchen, it will add an elegant look to the kitchen.
4) Ideal for Drying Food at High Temperature
The stainless steel food dehydrator can also endure high temperature without damaging the appliance or food items. In fact, its trays maintain their original shape even after exposure to high temperatures.
5) Stress-free Cleaning
Stainless steel food dehydrators are very easy to clean. The stains from the food do not stick to it easily. You can simply rinse and scrub to get rid of any stains
6) Useful for Large Families
The stainless steel dehydrators can bear more heat in a very less span of time. It means you can dry various kinds of foods in a short time. Thus, if you have a large family or you regularly dry food in large quantities, you can buy a stainless steel food dehydrator for your home.
7) Robust and Long Lasting
The material i.e. stainless steel which is used in manufacturing the food dehydrator makes the appliance robust and durable. It is a very rare for such dehydrators to break or get damaged. The life of stainless steel food dehydrators is also more than a plastic food dehydrator.
Disadvantages of Buying Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator
There are also some disadvantages of stainless steel food dehydrators. The flaws of such dehydrators are very few and these do not affect its final benefits in the end. If you are conscious about your health then buying a stainless steel food dehydrator should be your preferred choice over a plastic dehydrator.
1) Costly Appliance
The stainless steel food dehydrator is a little expensive as compared to the plastic food dehydrator. The main reason behind this is the cost of the stainless steel material which is quite expensive in the market.
2) Accumulation of the Calcium Deposits
One of the main drawbacks of stainless steel food dehydrator is that it has the tendency to accumulate calcium deposits that can be visible easily after some time. To prevent this, you need to clean the dehydrator regularly and ensure there is no water or moisture on its surface or trays.
3) Heavy Appliance
If a food dehydrator is manufactured from the stainless steel material, then it will be heavier in weight. Thus, moving it from one place to another can create a problem for many people.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Hi, I want to buy a food dehydrator which is not only economical but also has a longer life span?
You can buy a stainless steel food dehydrator for sure. However, most of the dehydrators are expensive, but some models are not only economical but also have more life.
Q: I have heard that stainless steel food dehydrators can lead to more electricity bills at home?
No, this is not true at all. It does not matter which material is used in manufacturing a food dehydrator. The electricity bill is affected by the wattage capacity of an appliance. So, if you are buying a food dehydrator that has more power wattage, then it will inevitably result in more electricity bills.
Q: I have a tiny kitchen in my home. Will it be beneficial to buy an expensive stainless steel food dehydrator?
If you have a small kitchen, then you must not go for an expensive stainless steel food dehydrator because an expensive model is often bigger in size and it will take up a lot of space in your kitchen.
Q: Does the Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator Have Features Like Timer and Adjustable Thermostat in It?
Yes, several stainless steel food dehydrator models have the feature of adjustable thermostat and timer. It normally varies from model to model. So, if you want to have such features, then you must check for these in advance before buying the appliance.
Q: For How Many Years Can a Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator Work Without a Problem?
Well! A stainless steel dehydrator has more life than the other type of food dehydrators. So, it can serve you more years if you take proper care and do timely maintenance.
Q: How Are the Stainless Steel Food Dehydrators Not Harmful to the Health of Human Beings?
The stainless steel food dehydrators are non-reactive to any acidic foodstuffs like oranges, lemon, apple, etc. It means when you heat-up such foods in this appliance, they do not react with the material of the trays as they do in plastic dehydrators. Besides this, you also avoid exposure to BPA that is found in some kinds of plastics. This chemical is quite harmful to human health and can cause life-threatening diseases like cancer.
Q: Is It Easy to Clean a Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator?
Yes, it is very easy to clean a stainless steel food dehydrator as the food does not get stuck easily to the steel trays.
Q: Will I Get Stainless Steel Trays along with My Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator?
It is not mandatory that you get stainless steel trays along with your food dehydrator. It varies from model to model. Some of the manufacturers offer such trays but if you want to buy them then always check the product specifications before buying.
Q: I Want to Cook Herbs and Spices in the Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator. Will That Be Possible?
Yes, of course, you can dry out delicate food like herbs and spices in the stainless steel food dehydrator. One thing you have to check is if your machine has the feature of an adjustable thermostat that can regulate the temperature are per your requirement. It is a misconception in the mind of the people that stainless steel dehydrators are only intended for high heating, but you can use these devices for low temperature drying as well.
Q: Can the Stainless Steel Dehydrators Be Shifted Quickly from One Place to Other?
Well! Most of the stainless steel dehydrators are heavy owing to the material used in manufacturing them. Thus, you might not find it easy to move them from one room to another frequently.
Q: I Have Heard That in Stainless Steel Dehydrators, the Calcium Deposits Get Accumulated Quickly. Is This True?
Yes, this is true that the calcium deposits get accumulated in the stainless steel food dehydrators. However, if you take proper care and do the timely maintenance of the appliance, then this issue can be resolved effortlessly.
Q: I Am Looking to Buy a Food Dehydrator That Can Serve My Large Family. Can I Buy a Stainless Steel Dehydrator or Not?
Yes, you can surely buy a stainless steel food dehydrator that can serve any size of the family whether big or small. In fact, you can use them for commercial purposes also if required.
A stainless steel dehydrator is a number-one product when you are concerned about the quality of the food dehydrator. There is no doubt in saying that if you buy a stainless steel food dehydrator, you will use the appliance for many years to come.
The stainless steel food dehydrators mentioned in this article are thoroughly reviewed by our team along with their pros and cons. We have tried our best to provide you an honest review of all the products so that you can choose the best appliance for yourself in the end.
Yes, it is imperative that you take your full time and do research before buying a stainless steel food dehydrator. Our primary purpose is to deliver detailed information about the products which are available in the market (online shopping websites) at present. In the end, you have to make your choice wisely to see which stainless steel food dehydrator matches your budget and requirements.
Love Food Dehydrating? then Join Us
Get updated with Food dehydrating tips, guide, reviews, and more.