Biochef Dehydrator Vs Excalibur
If you ask somebody about a reliable and trustworthy brand in the industry of food dehydrators then, most of them will take the name of “Excalibur.”
But, today there are so many different companies which are giving competition to the “Excalibur” regarding features, price and usefulness and one of them is Biochef dehydrators. Biochef is an Australian brand that has also gained popularity nowadays.
In the below article we are going to discuss the Biochef dehydrator vs. Excalibur and bring out the real picture of a comparison between the two. It will help you in picking the right model for any of these brands efficiently and wisely.
So, let’s begin!
Brief Introduction about both the Companies
Before beginning the article, we would like you to introduce to both companies in brief.
Excalibur Company established in the year 1973. It has its head office in Sacramento, CA. They have been in this trade for more than 45 years. The company was acquired in the year 2011 by a Florida company called The Legacy Cos., which makes commercial food appliances.
The Biochef is a collection of the Vitality 4 Life Company whose founder begins the distribution of the juice extractors 20 years ago in the market of Australia. Later, after the introduction of the juice extractors, it also introduced the dehydrators as the Biochef collection. It currently exports the products to Europe, UK, Canada, NZ, and the USA.
Comparison Chart of Popular Biochef Dehydrators
|Serial No||Product Name||Temp Range||Watts||No of Trays||Timer||Where to Buy?|
|1||BioChef Arizona Sol Food Dehydrator 6 trays||95º F to 158º F||6||Yes;19.5 hour timer||Check on Amazon|
|2||BioChef Arizona Sol Food Dehydrator 9 trays||95º F to 158º F||9||Yes;19.5 hour timer||Check on Amazon|
|3||BioChef Arizona Commercial Stainless Steel Food Dehydrator 10 Tray||95º F to 158º F||10||yes; 15 Hour Digital Time||Check on Amazon|
|4||BioChef Arizona 8 Tray Food Dehydrator||95º F to 158º F||8||Yes;24 hours Digital Timer||Check on Amazon|
|5||BioChef Arizona 10 Tray Food Dehydrator||95º F to 158º F||10||Yes;24 hours Digital Timer||Check on Amazon|
Comparison Chart of Popular Excalibur Dehydrators
|Serial No||Product Name||Temp Range||Watts||No of Trays||Where to Buy?|
|1||Excalibur 3948CDB||85 to 165||NA||9||Check on Amazon|
|2||Excalibur D500SHD||105°F to 165°F||440W||5 ss||Check on Amazon|
|3||Excalibur D900SHD||105°F to 165°F||600W||9||Check on Amazon|
|4||Excalibur 3926TB||105°F to 165°F||600W||9||Check on Amazon|
|5||Excalibur 3526 TB||105°F to 165°F||400W||5||Check on Amazon|
Similarities Between Biochef Dehydrator vs. Excalibur
The following are the similarities between the Biochef dehydrator and Excalibur dehydrator:
1) Temperature Control As you can see in the comparison chart, one of the characteristic features among these two brands is the feature of the adjustable thermostat. It is quite vital to have this feature in the dehydrator for drying different foods at the right temperature evenly. For example, Fruits need less drying temperature, but meat needs a high temperature for drying.
2) The position of the fan The non-stackable tray models of the Biochef, as well as the Excalibur dehydrators, possess the rear mounted fan. It helps in blowing the hot air over all the trays, and thus you do not have to do any tray rotation in it. One more benefit of the rear mounted fan is that you do not have to worry about the food drippings at all. Isn’t it amazing?
Dissimilarities Between Biochef Dehydrator vs. Excalibur
Besides the similarities, there is little dissimilarity among the Biochef dehydrator vs. Excalibur which you should also know before making any buying decision:
1) The material of the trays The entire Biochef non-commercial models come with the shelves made from the stainless steel material whereas the shelves of the Excalibur dehydrators come with both, i.e., plastic material and stainless steel material.
2) The capacity of the machines It is enormous differences between the size of the Excalibur and Biochef dehydrators. You get the more significant range of space in the Biochef dehydrators in comparison to the Excalibur dehydrators. But you should keep in mind that it is not possible to expand the capacity of any of the brands by adding more trays. If you want to extend the size then, it is better to buy an additional dehydrator.
Pros and Cons of Biochef Dehydrator
The Biochef dehydrator provides an economical and healthy way of preserving the foods. Below you can find its pros and cons which will give you an accurate picture of this brand:
- The fan located the backside for the even distribution of the air on all trays.
- It comes with the user-friendly feature of adjustable thermostat between 35 degrees Celsius to 70 degrees Celsius
- The design of all the models are smart and sleek which offers a maximum area for drying
- There are no chances of flavor contamination among the trays at the time of food dehydration owing to the horizontal system of drying
- It is quite easy to use all the models of the Biochef
- The feature of Enzyme Protection Technology helps in preserving all the nutrients of the food
- The transparent door let you see the status of your drying food during the entire process.
- The range of the timer is quite less
- The number of trays is not enough for drying food in bulk quantities
- It is not a well-renowned brand like Excalibur
- The after sales service is also not satisfactory
- It offers very less warranty period in the extended run usage
Pros and Cons of Excalibur Dehydrator
Excalibur brand does not need any introduction, but still, there are a few pros and cons which we want to discuss with you here:
- The material used in manufacturing the dehydrators like stainless steel is a non-reactive, sturdy and long-lasting material
- It comes in both material quality, i.e., plastic and steel
- All the models equipped with several innovative and high-end features which you mostly found in commercial dehydrators
- They offer a stylish look to the kitchen
- It can survive the high range of temperature easily.
- You can clean its models with very less effort.
- The brand does not need any recognition owing to its long reliability from past many yearsThe after sales service of the company is quite quick and fast.
- It offers an extended period of warranty to the buyers
- The cost of all the models is high in comparison to the other companies
- After a period of usage, the calcium starts depositing on the unit which is tough to clean
- The weight of the models is also hefty owing to the dense material
We hope that after reading the above article, you know all the things about Biochef dehydrator vs. Excalibur. Besides the above information, you should also keep in mind your budget, needs, etc. while buying any of the brand’s models.
We have also reviewed and compared the Biochef dehydrator with the Excalibur by different criteria like drying space, weight, features, etc. We try to compare them as much as possible.
So, now you decide that which food dehydrator brand fulfills your requirements completely. Both brands have their pros and cons. Thus, we can’t say which one among them is better. One thing we can assure you is that whichever brand you buy will surely going to become a permanent companion in your kitchen.
Please share your kind thoughts and experiences with us here. Also, let us know if missed out anything in the article. Your views are precious to us!