Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator Review
If you are looking for a mid-range food dehydrator that not suits your pocket but also serves you with plenty of healthy food items then, Cuisinart DHR-20 food dehydrator is the right option. It is considered to be one of the best food dryers in the market that comes with fantastic and high-quality features at a reasonable price.
Cuisinart DHR-20 food dehydrator also has an adjustable temperature control feature which provides you good control over the food which you are drying. You can set the speed of the fan of the machine to low, medium or high as per your needs.
It also has a powerful 620-watt motorized fan which provides you quick drying of the food. The top vent on the dehydrator allows doing easy, faster and uniform drying. You can dehydrate a variety of food items in this machine including fruits, vegetables, spices and herbs, meats, etc.
You get an ample space in Cuisinart DHR-20 food dehydrator for placing food in bulk. With the help of the five interlocking trays of the machine, you can stack the trays easily on top of each other. There is no need to use any preservatives or additives while making food in this machine. It means through this dryer; you can serve lots of healthy treats to your all family members and friends.
If you are considering to buy the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator then, you must read our below review first. We have reviewed this product (features, pros, and cons) quite thoroughly and deeply so that we can provide you a clear picture of this machine. Our primary purpose is to provide you the honest reviews which you might not find on any other website.
Please have a look!
Quick Specifications of Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator
Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator
13.4 x 15.6 x 12 inches
Bottom mount fan
100 degrees F to 160 degrees F
Five interlocking Trays
5 Years limited period warranty
|Check this Product on Amazon →|
Key Features of the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator
The following are the key features of the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator which will make you clear about this product:
- Interlocking Trays with Expandability This food dehydrator comes with five interlocking trays which can be stacked easily over each other. It does not occupy much space and also gets placed quickly in the small machine. You can buy more stackable trays and increase them to 9 for drying more food for increasing the capacity of the appliance. You also get one fruit roll up sheet with the machine which can use for making some delicious recipes.
- Compact Design This machine has a compacts design which saves lots of space in your kitchen. It comes in the round shape which is easy to store in nay place. It is the best product for the house which has space issues.
- Longer Warranty Period The manufacturers of the product provide its buyers five years limited warranty period on the motor of the machine and three years on the machine itself. The longer period of warranty provides you a kind of self-assurance about the product and in a case of any problem you can utterly ask the company for replacement of it is covered under the warranty period.
- Adjustable Temperature Control It comes with the adjustable control feature in which you can control the heat inside the machine with the help of the fan. The speed of the fan can adjust from low, medium to high. You can regulate the temperature between 100 degrees F to 160 degrees F in this food dryer for making food like jerky which needs more heat. The low heat benefits you in cooking raw veggies with intact enzymes.
- Powerful Motor It comes with the powerful 620-watt motorized fan along with the top vent for rapid and uniform drying. At such a reasonable cost, other manufacturers do not offer such a powerful motor which is a significant advantage for this machine. If you are fond of traveling or hunting, then this dryer will help you a lot. You can make lots of dried snacks in it like fruit roll-ups, potato crisps, dried fish, dried herbs, meat jerky, yogurt, etc.
- Round Shape Trays The round shape trays of the food dehydrator help in ensuring that the whole food on the trays gets dried evenly. In fact, the round shape also helps in saving lots of space on the kitchen countertop.
- BPA Free Machine The plastic used in manufacturing the appliance and the trays are BPA free. Thus it won’t cause any potential harm to the users’ health while making any food in the dryer.
- Detailed Manual Book The Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator comes with a comprehensive manual book which helps you in providing clear instructions about using the unit step by step. In fact, you also get a CD with instructions on the package.
What Comes with the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator?
The following things come with the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator:
- Fruit Roll-up Sheet You also get one fruit roll up sheet with the machine which can use for making some delicious recipes. If you need more fruit roll up sheets then, you have to buy them additionally from the market.
- Manual Book The Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator comes with a detailed guidebook which helps you in providing clear guidelines about using the machine bit by bit. In fact, you also get a CD with instructions on the package which you can play on your computer.
- Warranty The manufacturers of the product offer five years limited warranty period on the motor of the machine and three years on the machine itself. It means in the case of any defect or problem you can ask the company for replacement or any assistance.
Full Technical Specifications of Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator
The following list is the detailed description of technical specifications of Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator:
- Number of Trays It comes with five interlocking trays which can increase to nine after buying the additional one from the market. It means you can expand the capacity of the dryer in the case of bulk dried food requirement.
- Additional Accessories One Roll-up sheet for making fruit rolls also included in the packaging of the product for making some delicious recipes.
- Range of Temperature It has an adjustable temperature control through which you can adjust the heat inside the machine between 100 degrees F to 160 degrees F. It means you can dehydrate different varieties of food in the dryer like jerky and herbs. Image Source: pinterest
- Capacity of the Motor The ability of the motor of the machine is 620 watts which work amazingly for drying the food evenly.
- Location of Fan The fan of the machine located at the bottom which results in the vertical flow of the air.
- Warranty Period The manufacturers of the product offer five years limited warranty period on the motor and three years warranty on the machine. So, in a case of any problem, you can ask the company for a replacement.
- Weight of the Product The weight of this machine is 7.8 pounds which are adequate to move the machine quickly from one place to another.
- Material Used It made from the BPA-free plastic material which is not harmful to the health of human if heated up. In fact, you can easily clean the trays in the dishwasher as they are dishwasher-safe.
- Dimensions of the Product The dimension of this dehydrator is 15.62 x 13.38 x 12 inches. It means you can just place this small size food dryer in any corner of your kitchen.
Best Things About the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator
There are lots of advantages of buying the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator. Some of the benefits given below which will let you know the good part about this product in comparison to the other similar models:
- Faster Drying It has a powerful motor of 620-watt which helps the heat as well as the air to flow evenly on the trays of the unit. Ultimately, you get faster and even drying of the food with excellent results in the end.
- Dehydrate Variety of Foods It comes with an adjustable thermostat feature which means you can set the different temperatures for dissimilar foods in the unit. You can dry foods like herbs, fish, potato crisps, yogurt, dog treats, etc. You can make lots of healthy snacks in it.
- Place Large Quantities of Food It consists of 5 interlocking trays which provide you ample space for placing food in bulk quantities. If you want to put more food the, you can buy four more additional trays from the market and add them in the dehydrator.
- Small Size It has a very compact design that allows you to save lots of space on your kitchen countertop. It is a very beneficial advantage for the people who have space issues in their home.
- Even Heat Distribution The heat inside the machine is circulated evenly on all the trays with the help of the bottom mounted fan. It means no part of the food remains uncooked.
- Easy to Adjust Thermostat It is quite easy to set the temperature and heat of the unit with the help of the adjustable thermostat. There is no hard and fast rule for using the machine. You just have to set the fan on low, medium or high for regulating the heat speed.
- Reasonably Priced It is available at the reasonable price on the market in comparison to the other similar products. You can buy it on the famous online shopping websites like Amazon.
- Transparent Trays The trays of the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator are clear which means you can check the progress of the drying food quickly in it. It is one of the major benefits of buying this machine.
- Add Additional Trays You can add four more trays in this machine if you want to dry food in bulk quantities. You need to purchase the extra trays from the market.
- Dishwasher Safe Trays The trays of the food dryer can also wash in a dishwasher. Thus, it means your lot of time saved which you might have to spend in washing them with hands.
- Nonstick & BPA-free Trays The trays of the unit are nonstick that means the food does not get stuck to it at the time of drying. In fact, these trays are BPA free also which do not produce any harmful chemicals while getting heated up.
Bad Things About the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator
There is no product in this world which does not come with the disadvantages. Everything has a downside also and so as with this food dehydrator also. The following are few shortcomings about the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator which you should also know:
- Difficult to Clean the Base Since the base of the food dehydrator cannot remove, it becomes tough to clean the entire machine properly.
- Height Can’t Be Adjusted You cannot adjust the height of the trays in the Cuisinart DHR-20 which makes it tough to dry longer size food items like meat, etc.
- No Timer There is no timer on this machine. Thus, you have to keep your eye open while drying food in this unit. You can also buy an additional timer which can suffice your purpose.
- Noisy Fan The fan of the food dehydrator makes lots of noise while drying food in the machine. It means you cannot use this machine during the night time when your family members are sleeping as this can disturb their sleep.
- Rotate the Trays You have to turn the trays inside the unit for the even drying of the food. Due to these cons, this machine becomes unsafe for drying hard foods like jerky and lots of time also gets wasted.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Hi, I Have Recently Bought This Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator. Can You Please Tell Me That How Much Time Would It Take to Prepare Jerky and How Much Quantity of Jerky Can I Place Inside the Unit?
Well! You can dry 3 lbs. To 4 lbs. Inside the Cuisinart DHR-20 food dehydrator and it will take around 4 to 5 hours for drying this food in this machine.
Q: Please Guide Me About the Temperature Range of This Food Dehydrator?
If you keep this dryer on low then it will provide you the temperature of 100 degrees F, on the medium, you get 140 degrees F, and on the high level, 160 degrees F. It varies with the type of food which you want to dehydrate inside the unit.
Q: Can I Make Chicken Strips in This Food Dehydrator?
Yes, you can make chicken strips in this machine but before putting inside the unit juts keep it aside in the zipper bag for one night.
Q: Is It Possible to Remove the Trays of the Machine for Placing Long Size Food Item?
Yes, you can eliminate the trays, but if you want to use all the trays, then it will not be possible to place large size food.
Q: Can I Expand the Size of the Machine by Adding Some Trays in Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator?
Yes, you can add four more shelves in this unit for increasing the expandability of the appliance. It means the unit can fill with total nine numbers of trays. The manufacturers of the product provide five trays along with the unit. You can increase or decrease the number of trays as per your need.
Q: How Much Warranty Period Is Offered by the Manufacturers on the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator?
The producers of the product offer five years limited warranty period on the motor and three years warranty on the machine. So, in the case of any problem, you can ask the company for a replacement.
Q: I Have Got One Recipe Book along with My Machine, but It’s Lost Now. Can You Please Guide Me What I Can Do Now?
You do not have to worry at all. The recipes can easily download from the company’s official website.
Q: What Type of Accessories Will I Get along with the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator?
You will get five interlocking trays, one recipe or manual book and one fruit roll up sheet along with the Cuisinart DHR-20 food dehydrator. If you want to buy more fruit roll up sheets, then you can purchase it from the online shopping website like Amazon or the manufacturer.
Q: Is There Any Timer in This Unit?
No, you will not get any timer in this machine. But you can also buy an additional timer which can suffice your purpose while drying food for the accurate time.
Q: Is Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator a BPA-free Machine?
Yes, of course, it is a BPA-free machine along with the trays. So, you do not have to worry about drying food in this appliance.
Q: I Have Heard That You Have to Stack Some Minimum Number of Trays Inside the Unit for Drying Every Time. Is This True?
No, that is not true at all. You can put inside the trays which you need.
Q: We Allowed to Place Inside the Teflon Sheets in This Appliance so That the Drying Food Does Not Get Stuck on the Shelves?
Yes, of course, you can put the Teflon sheets inside this unit for making the dried food.
Q: What Is the Power Capacity of the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator?
The power capacity of the Cuisinart DHR-20 food dehydrator is 620 watts which are adequate for drying variety of foods.
Q: What Is the Weight and Dimensions of the Machine?
The weight of this machine is 7.8 pounds which are adequate to move the machine quickly from one place to another, and the dimension of this dehydrator is 15.62 x 13.38 x 12 inches.
Q: How Would I Know That How Much Time My Food Will Need for Drying?
Well! You can read about the drying times in the booklet given along with the machine.
Q: Is It Possible to Dehydrate Fruits and Vegetables Together in the Dryer?
Yes, you may dry out fruits and vegetables together in the unit, but it depends on the type of food and how much water content they possess.
Q: What Is the Size of the Trays in Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator?
The size of the five trays in the machine is around 14″x 10″.
Q: From Where Can I Get the Extra Trays for This Food Dehydrator?
You can buy it from the official website of the company i.e. Cuisinart, or you can also purchase them from the online shopping website like Amazon.
Q: e There Any Holes in the Middle of the Trays in This Machine?
No there are no holes in the middle section of the Cuisinart DHR-20 trays.
Q: Can I Dry Beets in This Food Dehydrator?
Yes, of course, you can try them and let us know how it turns out to be in the end.
Q: Will I Get a Fruit Roll Up Liner along with the Food Dryer?
No, the manufacturers of the machine do not provide any fruit roll up liner along with this food dryer.
Q: I Have Heard That Before Drying Jerky in This Machine, We Have to Cook It in the Oven First. Is This True?
No, there is no such need. You just marinate the jerky and dry it in the dryer.
Q: Where Does the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator Produce?
It made in China.
Q: Will I Get a Recipe Book along with the Food Dryer Machine?
Yes, you will get one recipe book along with the unit. It comprises of several mouthwatering recipes which you can cook for your friends and relatives.
Q: Does This Machine Make Irritating Noise While Drying Food?
Yes, it is a noisy food dryer. Thus, you cannot use it in the night time for drying when other people are sleeping.
Q: Does the Parts of the Machine Are Dishwasher Safe?
The components of the device are not dishwasher safe, but the trays of the unit are dishwasher safe which you can easily clean without much issue.
Q: Will the Usage of This Food Dryer Affect My Electricity Bills Also?
No, it does not influence you monthly electricity bills as it consumes very less power while drying food.
Q: Do I Need to Rotate the Trays of This Dehydrator?
Well! You have to rotate the trays of the machine while drying food with uniform texture.
Q: ter Starting This Food Dehydrator, It Makes Lots of Noise. Is This Normal?
Yes, this machine does make noise which is quite common.
Q: Does the Fan of the Food Dryer Is Manufactured from Metal or Plastic Material?
This machine made from the plastic fan.
Q: Where Is the Location of the Fan in This Food Dehydrator?
The fan of the machine located at the bottom which results in the vertical flow of the air.
Q: e the Trays of the Appliance Transparent?
The trays of the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator are clear which means you can check the progress of the drying food quickly in it. It is one of the major benefits of buying this machine.
Q: Is It Easy to Adjust the Thermostat of the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator?
Yes, it is quite easy to set the temperature and heat of the unit with the help of the adjustable thermostat. There is no hard and fast rule for using the machine. You just have to set the fan on low, medium or high for regulating the heat speed.
Cuisinart DHR-20 Video Demonstration
Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator is one of the best food dryers which come in the compact size along with the incredible features. It not only takes less space in your kitchen but you can also store it easily in any place without any problem. You can dry some snacks in this machine like veggie chips, fruit roll-ups, and jerky.
In the above article, we have provided you the detailed review of Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator along with its pros and cons. We have mainly tried to give you a perfect depiction about this machine so that you can consider it for buying. The shortcomings of the products are very minimal which does not overshadow its lots of benefits.
In the end, we just want to say that if you are searching for a food dehydrator which is not only budget-friendly but also easy to store then, you must check out the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator for sure. Once you use this product for drying food, we can assure you that it will become a permanent member of your kitchen.
So, what are you waiting for now? Don’t waste your time and start living a healthy lifestyle with Cuisinart DHR-20 food dehydrator soon!!