Dehydrated Zucchini Chips Recipe
As most of the people are becoming health conscious today, they usually search for the healthy recipes online. Are you also looking for some healthy dehydrator recipe?
Here we will share with you the Zucchini chips dehydrator recipe. The zucchini chips are incredible snacks that you can eat without any worries. One of the best ways to cook the healthy meals or appetizers is with the help of the food dehydrator.
You just need to follow the simple and easy steps of preparing the zucchini chips in the food dehydrator. We are sure that you will fetch some delicious results in the end.
Ingredients of the Zucchini Chips Recipe
The following are the main ingredients which you need for making the Zucchini Chips recipe in the dehydrator:
- Five tender young zucchini
- One scant tablespoon of zaatar or your preferred seasoning mix
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic
Steps for Dehydrating Zucchini Chips
The following are simple and eat steps which you need to follow for preparing the Dehydrated Zucchini Chips recipe:
Step 1: Pick the five tender zucchini and wash them properly.
Step 2: Once the zucchini is dried (after washing), cut the zucchini’s both ends.
Step 3: Now take a food processor and slice out the zucchini in it with a uniform size and thickness. Slicing with the processor is not mandatory. You can also slice it with your hand by using a mandolin.
Step 4: Now pick the slices and put them in the mixing bowl. Take some olive oil and seasonings and sprinkle them over the slices of the zucchini.
Step 5: With the help of your hands, mix the seasonings, granulated garlic, and the oil. Be sure that all the slices adequately cover with the toppings.
Step 6: Place and load the rounds of the zucchini on the trays of your dehydrator. Adjust the adjustable thermostat setting of your dehydrator at 130 degrees F.
Step 7: Dehydrate the zucchini for five hours in the machine. But you should not forget that the time for drying the zucchini depends on your food dryer, humidity of the room and temperature settings.
Step 8: If your zucchini chips turn into crispy texture then, it means they prepared. You can enjoy them anytime with a dip.
Essential Tips for Cooking Zucchini Chips in Dehydrator
We know that after reading the above steps, you must have found the zucchini chips dehydrator recipe very easy and straightforward. But still there are few tips which should keep in mind while following this recipe steps:
- Try to pick that zucchini which is young or tender and also at least five inches long. The zucchini which is younger does not have much water, and thus you get lots of good flavor and fiber from them.
- It is easy to cut the round shapes of the young zucchini with the food processor. You will get all the zucchini in even size which will make them dehydrate uniformly in the machine.
- To avoid the sticking of the slices together, toss them in the oil with your hands so that oil gets blend perfectly on the slices.
- After taking out the zucchini chips from the dehydrator, if you find the chips chewy then put them back again in the machine for the crispy texture.
- To maintain the crispiness of the chips, always store them in the airtight container or jar.
We hope that you find the above zucchini chips dehydrator recipe useful. If we have missed out something then, please let us know in the below comment box. We always appreciate the word from our readers.
Image source: 1