Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A Review
Looking to buy Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A? then read this post for full in-depth review on this product. Understand good things and bad things about nesco fd-75 before you buy. We also have a video review on it.
As people are becoming quite health conscious these days, they want to consume that food more which have health benefits for them. They are more interested in eating healthy food which does not contain any type of preservatives or additives in it. This desire of people has been fulfilling by the invention of food dehydrators. A food dehydrator is one of the simplest and economical ways to offer food which has a lengthier shelf existence.
View on Amazon
There are so many foods that come in its specific season only, for example, trout, blueberries, blackberries, etc. These types of fruits have a very small shelf lifespan in addition to the short crop season. That is why the well renowned Company Nesco has launched a dehydrator named Nesco Snack Master Pro Food Dehydrator that can allow you to consume healthy foods although retaining almost 100% amount of the nutrients.
Quick Overview of Nesco FD 75a Dehydrator
Temp Range (°F)
95 – 160
|View this Product on Amazon|
Key Features of Nesco Snackmaster Pro FD-75A
The following are some key features of Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A:
- Make Extensive Variety of Food Recipes With the help of Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A, you can prepare several number of delicious food recipes. It does well job in dehydrating beef, turkey and fish jerky. So, if you are food lover of such dishes, then this product is an awesome device for you. Moreover, this dehydrator permits drying and storing almost any fruit and also produces fruit leather of the dry fruits which stay eatable over the vital season of winter.
- Outstanding Thermostat as well as Dehydrating Mechanism Due to the presence of the Converga Air Flow system (that is made by Nesco), the air in the dehydrator moves down quickly along the external shell and also flows centrifugally inwards throughout every single tray.The one more exceptional thing in this product is that the fan is situated at the top instead of the bottom which benefits in the most efficient drying of the high water content foods in very less time. You may also dry out subtle flowers and herbs by keeping them in the temperature range of 95 to 160 degrees on the thermostat.
- Accurate Drying Strength The perfect thermostats required to be complemented by excessive power capability and this Nesco food dehydrator originates with 700 watts of power. This helps in drying out the foods and flowers in an appropriate manner. The real power used during any period of time is vigorous. Rather than consuming full power every time, this product diverges the power consumption according to the requirement in order to deliver efficient dehydrating without the high cost of bills.
- Vita-Save Outer body The next innovative feature of this product is the Vita-Save. This certifies that the foodstuffs or herbs being dehydrated in the device are not exposed to any form of light from container’s outer body. As lighting has a straight effect on the quality of drying, this feature safeguarded that a person may use the Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A in a well-lit drawing room or dining room. It also helps in maintaining the nutritive water content of the food.
- Five Free Trays or Racks This dehydrator comes with 5 racks or trays. In case, if you required more trays, you may purchase additional seven trays from the market. It does not matter that whether you utilize 5 trays or 7 trays, the drying efficiency of this dehydrator remain unaffected.
- Free booklet of Recipes In order to make the life of the novices stress-free, the Nesco Company has also provided a free booklet of recipes. This book can teach you delicious recipes that can be prepared with the available ingredients at your place but in a very healthy manner.
- Contemporary design The contemporary design of this dehydrator makes it look quite good looking device. The great design of the product takes modern skill into contemplation. The Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A is an impeccable mixture of old-fashioned science as well as current innovative technology that gives a better recognizing product.
Full Technical Specification of Nesco Snackmaster Pro FD-75A
- Weight: The weight of Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A is 7.5 lb.
- Modifiable Thermostat: This dehydrator has a modifiable thermostat that ranges between 95° – 160° F. You may use the high temperature for drying foodstuffs like jerky and the lower temperature for drying delicate foods like herbs.
- Fan mounted at the top: There is a fan placed at the top that makes it easier to clean the dehydrator after drying up the jerky or watery foods. The fan also provides the even drying of the entire food placed in all the trays. You do not have to bother to rearrange the trays at any point in time.
- Heater The heater in this appliance helps in producing maximum heat by maintaining the quality for drying out the fruits, herbs, and vegetables.
- Stackable racks or trays The trays in this dehydrator are stackable which you may customize according to the usage. The unused trays can be removed so that you can save the power that will be wasted in drying up the vacant trays.
- Suitable size The size of Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A is very convenient for placing it on the countertops of the kitchen. It can be well-fit below maximum cabinets.
- Expandable trays You may increase the trays up to 12 if you require additional dehydrating space. You can increase or decrease the number of trays as per your necessities.
- Warranty The manufacturers of this food dehydrator offer one year limited warranty period.
- Power There is 700 watts of the dehydrating power that makes it very easy to dry out the entire variety of food.
- Converga Air flows dehydrating system Due to the converga air flow system, the pressure of the air forces down the outer pressurized compartment instead of through the trays. This helps in quicker drying and evading the mixing of flavors.
- Resistant Vita-Save external body This technical specification benefits in blocking the dangerous light rays which might abolish the nutritious content of the food being dried out.
Best Things about Nesco Snackmaster Pro FD-75A
There are several best things about the Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A. Some of them are as follows:
- Capacity The Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A is a dehydrator possessing medium size along with the appropriate expandability. It comes with five trays of 13” width. Each tray requires not more than 1 sq. ft. of the dehydrating area. It benefits in having more base drying space i.e. 4.5 sq. ft. This food dehydrator can be expanded up to twelve trays that result in extra drying area of around 10 sq. ft.
- Quality of Materials The Nesco FD-75A Snackmaster is manufactured from a dense plastic material that stops the light from entering into the device. This further helps in preserving the nutrients of the foods when they are being dehydrated. The plastic material used in preparing the appliance is BPA-free also.
- Controls The controls of this food dehydrator are placed on the upper part of the appliance i.e. over the head which grips the fan as well as the motor. However, there is no regulator or power button. A temperature switch handle is provided having a range of 90 – 150 degrees F. The recommended temperature stings are also written near the temperature control handle that helps in the accurate drying of the food.
- Maintenance and Care The dehydrating trays for the Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A can be washed away in the dishwasher if it is set to the “air-dry” option. However, you have to remove the trays from the dishwasher earlier the drying initiates. Since the trays are comparatively smaller in size; you may soak them in a basin for some hours and can easily clean it up
Bad Things about Nesco Snackmaster Pro FD-75A
After knowing the numerous attractive features and benefits of the Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A, you must be aware of some bad things or the disadvantages of this product. The below is the list of the drawbacks regarding this appliance:
- No Power Button: One of the biggest disadvantages of this appliance is that it does not include an ON and OFF switch. Consequently, you are required to connect the power wire in order to begin the dehydrating procedure and after finishing the process, you need to disconnect it from the power source.
- Absence of Timer: This food dehydrator does not possess a timer. Therefore, you have to keep an eye over the contents on the trays in order to avoid the overheating. If you overheat the food, it will lose their nourishing content value.
- Low power effective: This appliance is less power efficient if used for shorter time period. It means if you wish to dehydrate some delicate food like herbs, this product will consume more power.
- Not compatible with Round-shaped stacking trays: The Nesco FD 75A is not compatible with the circular shaped stacking trays. These types of trays are very difficult to load in the appliance as compared to the rectangular trays.
- Less capacity of the base: If you want to dehydrate the larger quantity of the food, then you will find that the base of this appliance is little less for that. Hence, it is advisable to use less food quantity.
Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A Video Review
Here is a full video review of Nesco Snackmaster food dehydartor. Understand better by watching below video review.
Frequently Asked Question on Nesco Snackmaster FD 75A Dehydrator
Q: What is the main difference between Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A as well as FD- PR?
There is not much difference between Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A as well as FD-PR. However, the only difference between the two is its packaging which the online shopping website offers. The FD 75A comes in a Frustration free packaging whereas the FD-PR arrives in a retail packaging.
Q: Can I dry out blueberries in this food dehydrator or not?
You cannot directly dry out the blueberries in this appliance as it will fall through. But, you may utilize the small mesh attachments for dehydrating blueberries. It will be a great help for you.
Q: What types of accessories I will get along with this food dehydrator?
The Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A basically includes five drying trays; two fruit roll sheets, two clean-a-screens, three original jerky spices and a recipe book for your help in making delicious recipes.
Q: This food dehydrator seems to be so much flimsy. Will the trays be able to stand up on top of one other steadily for the longer period of time?
You can use maximum trays in this food dehydrator for drying out the food like jerky, vegetables for longer time duration without any worry. The unit holds the trays quite evenly. It does not matter that either you are using two trays or ten trays.
Q: Can we dehydrate herbs in this Nesco food dehydrator? And what is the procedure of doing that?
Yes, it can dehydrate herbs very well but it will take more time than drying out the other food items. You must keep in mind that the fan in the appliance allows very quick drying, so you have to keep an eye on the whole process. However, the temperature required for dehydrating different types of herbs is also given in the guidebook which can assist you quite well. Once you become familiar with the settings of the temperature, then it will not be a difficult thing to do.
Q: Is this food dehydrator BPA free?
Yes, the Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A is absolutely BPA free.
Q: Can I turn off the appliance if want to know the status of the food dehydrated? Will this checking influence the procedure of food dehydration?
This appliance is a quite simple device. You may check the food’s status without turning it OFF or also if it is ON. If you check the food in between the process, the circulation of heat will not get stopped and continues without obstruction. It will not affect the overall performance of the appliance also.
Q: Can I use this food dehydrator to dehydrate the pasta that is made at home?
It cannot be assured that homemade pasta can be dehydrated in this appliance as it may dry out more and will not taste delicious. You also have to check in between to know the quality of the food.
Q: What is the size or diameter of the trays that are used in this food dehydrator? Can I use my old trays of a broken appliance?
The size of the trays is 13x3x13 inches and if these dimensions match up with your old trays then you may also use them in this food dehydrator.
Q: What is the maximum number of trays that can be used in this appliance?
This food dehydrator basically comes with five trays; however the number can be increased up to twelve. You can use the trays as per your requirement as it can be adjusted.
Q: What is the period of warranty that is provided by the manufacturers along with this food dehydrator?
The manufacturers of the product offer one year warranty period to the buyers.
Q: What are the process of making veggies crispier and crunchier just like potato chips?
You just have to cut the veggies into the size of 1/8 thickness and put into the food dehydrator. You must keep in mind that all the food must be placed in a single layer in all the trays so that the air can flow evenly in each single part. You need to check it after a couple of hours that whether all the moisture is pulled out or not. After this, you can store them in a glass jar or container.
Q: Can we make protein bars or raw pastries in this food dehydrator?
Yes, it can be made in this appliance but you must choose low heat setting for dehydrating any kind of fruits or nuts.
Q: The trays that are provided with this appliance are dishwasher safe or not?
The dehydrating trays that are provided with Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A are 100% dishwasher safe. But, there is one condition that the dishwasher has to be fixed to the “air-dry” option or you need to remove the trays from the dishwasher before it started out the drying process. You can easily dry these trays in a normal sink in few hours as these are very small in size and does not require your extra time.
Q: Exactly how much is the vertical space in the middle of the trays? Please let me know whether a full banana can be easily fitted in the trays without being crushed by the upper tray?
The vertical space in the middle of the trays is around 1 to 1.5 inches. I think the full banana can be fitted in a tray very well as these trays are quite thick to hold a big size fruit. But, if the size of the banana is large, then you must cut it down into two pieces.
Q: I am a new buyer of the Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A and have noticed a very strong smell or odour from the appliance. Is it thing normal?
This thing is normal when the food dehydrator is new. Once you start using the appliance, the smell will go away on its own.
Q: What is the temperature range of the appliance?
The temperature range of this food dehydrator is between 90 degrees to 150 degrees.
Q: Where is this food dehydrator manufactured?
The Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A is manufactured in USA (United States of America) as per the information provided by the box of the product.
Q: Can I dry complete fruit like lemons and oranges in this particular food dehydrator?
You can try this but it is always recommended to dehydrate the fruits in slices in order to get better results.
Q: How heavy is this appliance? Can I pack up the trays and the device effortlessly?
The height of the top section of the food dehydrator is 3 inches; the height of each tray is around 1.125 inches as well as the height of the base is 1.75 inches. The width of all the parts of the appliance is 13 inches. Hence, its complete size is calculated by the number of trays you used in it. You can store it easily in a small kitchen also.
Q: What is the power capacity used by the Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A?
The power capacity of this food dehydrator is 700 watts so that you can easily dry out the whole variety of food items in single point of time.
There are so many food dehydrators that are being launched once in every week but the Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A has found a separate space for it in this market segment.
This product is reasonably compact (as related to the full-size food dehydrators). It also offers various attractive features and the benefits that a buyer will get for the longer period of time. If you have diffident requirements and want a food dehydrator that has all the latest features and technology, then the Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator FD-75A is the best option. Overall, this product has very fewer flaws and offers outstanding value as per its price.
Love Food Dehydrating? then Join Us
Get updated with Food dehydrating tips, guide, reviews, and more.