Weston vs. Excalibur Dehydrator
Are you searching to purchase a food dehydrator for your home? Is there any confusion between Weston dehydrator vs. Excalibur? Then you have reached the right page!
Weston food dehydrator and Excalibur dehydrator are one of the best food dehydrators on the market that are known for their durability, sturdiness, usefulness and highly useful features for dehydrating food. But still, there are few things which make both the companies differ from each other.
In the article below, we will share with you some valuable info regarding the Weston dehydrator vs. Excalibur including their similarities, dissimilarities and pros or cons. After reading it, you will indeed have a clear picture in your mind regarding both the company’s food dryers. So, are you ready to join us?
Comparison Chart of 5 Popular Weston Food Dehydrators
|Serial No||Product Name||Temp Range||Watts||No of Trays||Where to Buy?|
|1||Weston Pro Series Digital Dehydrator 28-0301-W||NA||1600 W||12||Check on Amazon|
|2||Weston 28-0501-W||NA||1600 W||24||Check on Amazon|
|3||Weston 75-0201-W||84°F to 155°F||620W||10||Check on Amazon|
|4||Weston 75-0101-RT||NA||NA||8||Check on Amazon|
|5||Weston 10 Tray Stainless Steel||NA||1000W||10||Check on Amazon|
Comparison Chart of 5 Popular Excalibur Food Dehydrators
|Serial No||Product Name||Temp Range||Watts||No of Trays||Where to Buy?|
|1||Excalibur 3526 TB Dehydrator||105 to 165||400W||5||Check on Amazon|
|2||Excalibur 3926TB Dehydrator||105 to 165||600W||9||Check on Amazon|
|3||Excalibur 2900 ECB Dehydrator||105 to 165||440W||9||Check on Amazon|
|4||Excalibur 3948CDB 9 Tray Food Dehydrator||85 to 165||NA||9||Check on Amazon|
|5||Excalibur D500SHD||105°F to 165°F||440W||5||Check on Amazon|
Similarities between Weston Dehydrator vs. Excalibur
There are so many things which we find familiar between the Weston food dehydrator and Excalibur dehydrator, and some of them are as follows:
1) Lightweight design They come in the compact and lightweight design so that you can place it quickly on any size of kitchen countertop. In fact, it also becomes effortless to move these food dehydrators easily from one place to another without much hassle.
2) Timer Both the food dehydrators have the timer in their models. However, there are some models also which does not come with the timer. The range of the timer varies among 24 hours to 48 hours.
3) Similar capacity The food dehydrators of Weston and Excalibur are available in the most of the sizes. You can buy a four tray, five trays, or a ten tray dehydrator as per your need.
4) Stress-free to clean It is very stress-free to clean as well as maintain the machines of both companies. There is no need to spend an extra penny on doing all this stuff outside.
5) Adjustable thermostat The feature of adjustable thermostats offers in both food dehydrators for the easygoing food dehydration process. You can set the temperature according to the food and leave the machine alone without giving much attention.
6) Power Capability The range of wattage power of both the brands varies amongst 550 watts to 1800 watts. The range varies with the model, price and the features.
7) Uniform drying system The dehydration system of the food dehydrators works similarly. They dried out the food uniformly from all sides and corners. You don’t have to bother about rotating the trays unlike to the other food dehydrator brands.
8) Expandability You will get the option of expanding the size of the units by adding more trays in some of the models of both brands. By adding more shelves, you can increase the drying space of the machine for bulk food drying.
9) Airflow The flow of air in the food dehydrators is vertical in a few models and horizontal in some models of both the brands. They both aid in the uniform air flow of air on all trays so that not food lifted without drying.
10) Additional accessories You get lots of extra accessories like inserts, spices, manual book, fruit roll sheet, etc. with the food dehydrators. All these things aid in the more innovative ways for drying the food.
Dissimilarities between Weston Dehydrator vs. Excalibur
Below you can find out the features which make the Weston dehydrator and Excalibur dehydrator dissimilar from each other:
1) Fan sound The fan in the Weston food dehydrator does not make noise whereas the fan in the Excalibur dehydrator makes lots of noise while dehydrating food. It means you cannot use the Excalibur food dehydrators during the night time when your family members are sleeping.
2) Trays material The material of the most of the Weston food dehydrators made from the ABS thermoplastic whereas the material of the trays in the Excalibur dehydrators made from the stainless steel.
3) Warranty period The manufacturers of the Weston food dehydrators offer warranty period amongst one year to 5 years whereas the manufacturers of the Excalibur food dehydrator varies in the middle of 1 year to 10 years. It means you get more period of warranty from the Excalibur food dehydrator manufacturing company.
Pros and Cons of Weston Food Dehydrator
To know the brand in a better way, it is imperative that you should know its pros and cons. Thus, the following is the table prepared in which we have discussed the pros and cons of the Weston food dehydrator:
- While placing the food inside the trays of the unit, the food never fall off.
- It is quite easy to use this user-friendly product without much info and guidance.
- The process of food dehydration can easily watch through the transparent glass door.
- You also get the digital control and digital timer in the units for more precise dehydration
- The foods do not get stuck on the trays of the unit owing to the non-stick material
- There is no need of doing the tray rotation in them
- Chevron Double RightYou can increase or decrease the drying space by adding or excluding the shelves
- Chevron Double RightThe fan functions without making noise while drying the food.
- Chevron Double RightThe design of the models is quite attractive which can increase the beauty of your kitchen.
- The wattage range is less than the Excalibur dehydrators
- The warranty period offered ranges from 1 to 5 years which is quite less
- The slices of the foods should cut be with full attention so that they get dried at the same time with same texture
- The brand is present in the market for much time, but still, it has not gained much popularity like Excalibur
- It is quite tricky to cook jerky in some of its models
- Angle Double RightThe food that placed at the back side gets dried much quicker than the front side food on trays
- Angle Double RightThe company have launched very few models in the market till now
Pros and Cons of Excalibur Food Dehydrator
The Excalibur Company does not need an introduction as its existing in the market for so much long time. The company always thinks to include some innovative and useful features in their product which every user wants. But still there are few pros and cons of this brand as well which we want to share with you:
- It is quite easy to clean the dehydrators from outside and also from the inside.
- You can run it on the low or high wattage both as per the food that needs to get dry
- The food dried in the Excalibur is quite crunchy and crispier
- All the controls of the different models are user-friendly
- You can read the instruction booklet for knowing the machine more deeply
- It is accessible in all sizes and prices.
- The brand recognized among the buyers for its useful features and trustworthiness.
- The customer service of the brand is excellent and fast in comparison to the Weston.
- The company offers you a warranty period of 10 years on an average that is quite long.
- You get lots of additional useful accessories including the manual book with these models.
- The Maximum models of the Excalibur have the robust and robust stainless steel trays with the stainless steel body.
- It makes lots of noise during the process of food drying
- The factors that can influence the drying in the Excalibur dehydrator are humidity and temperature outside
- You do not get the option of dual fans or dually adjustable thermosets
- They are costly to buy in comparison to the Weston dehydrator
Weston dehydrator vs. Excalibur: Who is the real champion?
We know that it is quite difficult to choose between these two famous brands of the food dehydrators. Both of them possess some positive and negative points. Thus, now you have to see that which brand has matched your expectations and requirements.
Both the brands have introduced some different models with several features in the market. You can check the characteristics of all those models and find out the one that suits your pocket and needs perfectly. As soon as you understand what you want, it becomes effortless to find the way.
Weston food dehydrator brand is giving a fierce competition to the Excalibur. So, don’t overlook this brand. Do look at its models for once. But the final choice is yours.
If you still have confusion between these two brands then, write to us in the below comment box. We will try to assist you in solving your trouble soon. You can also share your experiences with us regarding both brands if you already have purchased the one.