Best Non-stick Dehydrator Sheets- for Excalibur 2500, 3500, 2900 & 3900
One of the biggest problems that dehydrator users face is of food sticking to the trays. If you search online, you will find thousand of results for how to avoid getting food stuck on dehydrator trays. Well, there are several solutions to this and you read about these solutions in several articles on this blog. But today we’re going to take a look at non-stick dehydrator sheets for Excalibur models and how these can help in more efficient dehydrating and clean up.
Non-stick dehydrator sheets designed especially for Excalibur dehydrators can take all the stress out of the issue of food getting stuck to dehydrator trays. These are simple to use and clean up is easy as well. By using these sheets, you can gain several advantages. Let’s have an in-depth look at how useful non-stick dehydrator sheets are.
Need for Dehydrator Sheets
Dehydrators sheets are extremely useful if you want to prevent the food from sticking to the dehydrator trays. Here are some more reasons why these sheets should be used for dehydrating any kind of food.
- Prevent Food Sticking to the SheetsFoods often release sugars and moisture when they dry and dehydrator sheets are essential to prevent food from sticking to the trays when this happens.
- Makes Organization EasierFor foods that don’t hold their shape easily, like meat or fruits, using dehydrator sheets can make organizing these pieces on trays much easier.
- Perfect for Small FoodsIf the food you’re drying is small in size, using dehydrator sheets can help as it prevents the food from falling through the gaps in the trays.
- Makes Food Easier to RemoveNon-stick dehydrator sheets make food easier to remove from the trays as the food doesn’t get stuck to the trays.
How to Use Dehydrator Sheets
Using dehydrator sheets is easy. But there are some pointers you can follow to make their use even more efficient. Here are some ways to use dehydrator sheets properly.
- Get the Size Appropriate for Your DehydratorMake sure the dehydrator sheets you buy are meant for the model of your dehydrator. Anything too big or too small and you’d have trouble fitting it properly in your dehydrator.
- Place the Food Properly on the SheetMake sure there is enough space between the pieces of food and no pieces overlap each other. If the pieces are not placed properly, they might stick to each other and it can be difficult to remove them later.
- Removing the Food from the SheetsBe gentle while removing the sheets and don’t rip these off the dehydrator trays as these might tear. If the food is still a bit sticky to the sheets, you can try putting the sheet in a refrigerator for a while and try removing the food as it firms up.
- Cleaning the SheetsCleaning the sheets is easy if you want to reuse these. Simply use luke-warm water and a brush to clean off the debris and any food residue from the sheet. Dry the sheets and they’re good to be used again.
Non-Stick Dehydrator Sheets for Excalibur 2500, 3500, 2900, or 3900
The pack of Non-Stick Dehydrator Sheets for Excalibur 2500, 3500, 2900, or 3900 is a great choice if you’re looking for quality dehydrator sheets that will simply fit in your dehydrator trays. You can also cut these sheets if you want to use them with Excalibur 2400. The sheets are high-quality and you can use these sheets for drying any kind of foods. Whether you’re drying meat to make jerky or drying fruit pulp to make fruit leather, with these sheets, everything becomes easy.
The biggest advantage of using the sheets is that there is virtually no mess as you can simply peel the food off the sheets and then wash the sheets with soap and warm water for reuse.
Specifications of Non-Stick Dehydrator Sheets for Excalibur 2500, 3500, 2900, or 3900
Non-Stick Dehydrator Sheets for Excalibur 2500, 3500, 2900, or 3900
Number of Sheets
14 x 14 x 0.2 inches
For Excalibur Models
Excalibur 2500, 3500, 2900 or 3900
|Check this Product on Amazon →|
Pros of Using Non-Stick Dehydrator Sheets for Excalibur 2500, 3500, 2900, or 3900
Here are some benefits of using these sheets for drying all kinds of foods
- Easy to use and peel off fruits, meats, or vegetables after drying.
- Exact fit for the trays of the dehydrator ranges mentioned (Excalibur 2500, 3500, 2900, or 3900).
- Clean up is easy with soap and warm water.
- The sheets can be reused after cleaning and drying properly.
- Perfect for drying solid as well as semi-solid products such as fruit pulp for fruit rollups.
- Adds to the life of trays as trays don’t need to be cleaned as often.
- The sheets are a hygienic way to dry foods
- No need to spray with oil as sheets are non-stick and food peels off easily.
Cons Non-Stick Dehydrator Sheets for Excalibur 2500, 3500, 2900, or 3900
Here some negative points associated with the use of these sheets
- The sheets are a bit on the thinner side as compared to the sheets from similar brands.
- The sheets might hold static and cling together so getting them apart can be a little bit difficult.
- The sheets can get stained with use when drying fruits that are rich in sugar.
- These sheets are only intended for light usage and don’t work so well when used multiple times.
- The sheets can absorb oils from anything oily that’s left to dry on these sheets.
- There are no instructions give with the sheets, which can be a bit confusing for new users
- The sheets can get wrinkled with repeated use.
Q: I bought dehydrator sheets that are too large. Is it OK to cut these to fit the dehydrator trays I have?
If you’re cutting your dehydrator sheets, make sure you cut these in the proper dimensions. Use a ruler and a pencil to mark the dimensions before cutting.
Q: Are these sheets BPA free?
Yes. According to the manufacturer, these sheets are BPA free. Which means you can safely use these to dry any kind of food.
Q: Is it safe to use these sheets in my dehydrator at high temperature?
Absolutely. If you’re worried about the sheets melting that’s not possible because that happens with waxed paper. These sheets are….
Q: I’ve used these sheets but food still gets stuck! What should I do?
4. You can try spraying the sheets with a light spray of flavorless vegetable oil. You can also try putting the sheets in the freezer once they’re out of the dehydrator. Once the food is frozen it’ll be easier to take off from the sheets.
Q: Can I use these sheets with dehydrators other than Excalibur?
Yes, you can. Just make sure you cut the sheets in the right dimensions as per the dimensions of the trays of your dehydrator.
Q: Why are these sheets better than parchment paper?
These sheets are better because you can easily re-use these sheets after simply washing them with water. Parchment paper is a one time use only product.
Q: Can I use these sheets for fruit leather?
Yes, you can use these sheets for making fruit leather as well. Just make sure you don’t pour too much of fruit pulp on the sheet. Also, ensure that the fruit pulp has a thick consistency so that it doesn’t drip through the sheets. Once the fruit has finished drying, simply roll up the sheets so you can enjoy fruit roll ups without getting your fingers sticky.
Q: Are these sheet reusable?
Yes! You can simply wash them off with water and dry them. And they’re good for another round of drying.
Q: Are these sheets perforated to allow hot air’s passage?
No. These sheets are uniformly flat and they do not have any kind of perforations. These are best for use in Excalibur dehydrators as the fan in these dehydrators is located at the back.
Using non-stick dehydrator sheets for Excalibur dehydrators is a great way to dry all kinds of foods. Whether you’re drying sticky banana slices or small fruits like cherries or blueberries, you can make use of these sheets to make the drying process easier. There is also the advantage of not having food stuck to the trays. This way you can clean up the trays easily and avoid getting and food residue or debris in your dehydrator as well.
These BPA free sheets will definitely add to your dehydrating abilities and help you make a load of dehydrated foods easily and efficiently. So what are you waiting for? Get a set of dehydrating sheets for your Excalibur dehydrator and start dehydrating today. We look forward to getting your comments and feedback on this article. If you have any queries, please feel free to leave a comment and we’ll get back to you at the earliest.